Wednesday, March 19, 2014

YOUR BODY BETTER 6 Week Boot Camp Challenge

Last weekend we had the chance to attend the Idaho Falls Home and Garden Show with Barry's sister and her family.  We had so much fun and got a great idea for improving the yard.  Eventually the dads and the kids had enough, though, and left with most of the kids.  That gave my sister-in-law, Debra, and I the chance to peruse the venue with our two oldest girls and do whatever we wanted.

As mentioned in one of my previous posts, I joined the 40 Bags in 40 Days Declutter Challenge by blogger White House Black Shutters.  I've been toying with the idea of "decluttering" a few pounds while I was working away decluttering the house.  Little did I know I'd run into the perfect opportunity at the Home and Garden Show!



On our last circle around I ran into Anna Larsen, owner of Your Body Better.  I had met with her before about a different business venture and been to her studio.  Somehow Debra and I got sucked into her booth and she told us about her 6 Week Boot Camp Challenge.  Normally it is $189 but for the next little bit it was $159.  But it got even better, she gave us a $100 gift card for our first boot camp which made it only $59 if we wanted to sign up.  NOW she had my attention!

Anna explained she provided personalized meal and fitness plans for each person to help blast away fat and build muscle.  I'll admit her before and after photos of clients looked impressive.  Also, I'd already heard good things about her gym.  So that got me thinking.  Either A) I will have to spend $59+ anyways buying new clothes because mine no longer fit or B) I can spend $59 on the boot camp, get in better shape and enjoy the clothes I already have, along with enjoying a slimmer, healthier me.  You guessed it, no brainer, I joined the 6 Week Boot Camp Challenge!

I'll admit I'd reached the frustrated point with my weight.  I am NOT a morning person and she said we could come in anytime between 5 - 6 a.m. and boot camp workout time ended at 7 a.m.  I used to think people who went in that early to work out were crazy!  But, this fit my schedule perfectly.  I didn't have to get a babysitter, I could get a workout in before the kids got up and get home just in time to get everyone up and ready for school. Plus, I/d have someone planning on my being there so I had accountability.

I'm also not an aerobics class lover.  I actually hate them  because I never know what I am doing and I can't keep up.  Anna explained that everybody works at their own pace on the workout exercises listed so I didn't have to worry about that.  AWESOME.

After having gone for three days already, I can say that I LOVE it!  She provides a list of workout exercises and directions with youtube video links.  We can either do the workouts in the gym or at home..  She has this totally figured out and it is awesome.  It also enables her to help clients all over the country.  I already knew she had some in New York and other places.  Since workouts don't require big machines, they really can be done anywhere.  And they are GOOD workouts!  I can already tell a difference in how my clothes fit.  Yay!

But the real kicker for me to sign up was the customized meal plans.  I'll admit it.  I have HORRIBLE nutrition!  I've never learned how to properly eat and what my body needs.  My mom cooks fantastic but somehow I just didn't pay enough attention growing up.  So, learning how to eat and what works best was really the big motivation for me to sign up.

I got e-mailed my meal plan on the first day after I weighed in and entered some personal info into the database.  At first I thought, "I'm going to starve!".  Everything was in grams which meant absolutely NOTHING to me and it looked very basic.  The one thing we are required to get is a digital scale that will do grams.  You can get them anywhere for around $15 and up.

Apparently my guessing at measurements was not very accurate because once I got the scale and started measuring food I realized I had the opposite problem - how am I going to eat it all?  She'd mentioned this in the welcome letter that we did have to eat everything and now I know why.  

I'm really loving the Your Body Better 6 Week Boot Camp Challenge.  I am learning new ways to eat healthier and to incorporate a lot more vegetables into my diet.  Normally I am a carb/meat loving fiend so the thought of all these vegetables is challenging.  I'm excited to learn new ways to enjoy them, though, and I'm REALLY excited to see what my results for the boot camp are going to be!  After only three days, I've already lost 3.2 lbs.   It's going to be a fun six weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment